Monday, October 24, 2005

August 30, 2001

-Delilah-
Hey. I figured I would write a letter to you. It's about 5:30 right now. I haven't used my laptop or studied for any of my class stuff, it's al been in my book bag the whole time. At 3:30 the doorbell rang, so I went downstairs to see who it was. It was a guy by the name of A.W. He was looking for a place to stay for the night. Someone had told him about church on Cuyahoga Falls Ave. He wanted assistance in trying to find the church. I decided to invite him into the shelter while I tried to find the church in the Community Resource notebook. I couldn't find any church that had a shelter on Cuyahoga Falls Ave. So I referred him to Haven of Rest. It turns out (according to A.) that he missed the Haven of Rest time by 3 minutes. Then I decided to call the info line and let him talk to the info line and hopefully they could find a place for him to stay. Well, to no avail they couldn't find a place for him. After he hung the phone up, I asked him if he was hungry or anything. He said he was hungry, so I let him get some food out of the fridge and warm it up and eat. He was talking his head off while eating the food. He went inot a story about how his car was high jacked and he had to go to the hospital for 6-9 stitches. He continued talking about how his girlfriend is a little psycho. He is originally from Baltimore and has only lived in Akron for about 5 weeks. He is planning to get back to Baltimore because that is where his girlfriend is living right now. He went on and on. I can't remember what all he talked about. It was very interesting. I'm going to end my letter here. Sorry I wanted to write some more things down about us. Maybe I can do that next time.

J.

No comments: